Harnessing the cloud in the third sector
Building on session 1, this session will look at real life examples and addresses more detailed concepts that should be considered when getting the most out of
Building on session 1, this session will look at real life examples and addresses more detailed concepts that should be considered when getting the most out of opportunities provided by Cloud computing.
Is this session for me?
If you answer YES to one or more of the following, then this is a great session for you
- I attended session 1 and want to learn more
- I know what the Cloud is, but want to get more advantage from Cloud apps
- I’d like to know more about why different types of Cloud matter
- I want to know about actual services and apps available in the Cloud
- I want to know why know is the right time to move to the Cloud
- I’m looking for information that I can share with management /Board to reassure them on genuine concerns with respect to the Cloud
During this session, we will explore:
- “aaS” Or the concept of “….as a service” including storage, infrastructure & applications
- Good to know when buying new services – some formal Cloud architecture types and their implications Public, Private & hybrid Clouds Or what is the difference between Google Office space and the Google search bar
- The five reasons your organisation should move to the Cloud nowa. Improved mobilityb. Financial savings case studyc. How is the Cloud is more secure than desktops and servers
d. Reliability and lowering the costs of IT support
e. Eat me, drink me – the inherent Scalability of Cloud computing
- It’s more than just email – introducing useful Cloud facilities for third sector organisations
- Introduction to session 3: Choosing between Cloud services
This session is relevant for all charity professionals, especially those who are not also technology experts
About the trainer
Sam wants everyone to be happy with their IT and to be confident in making technology decisions for their organisation. She is an IT professional with over 30 years experience who has grown with the industry, having started as a developer (“programmer”) and worked her way up through IT business analyst, project manager and on to Programme Manager for major IT transformations. A seasoned Trustee, Sam has provided paid services to both the third sector in addition to her for profit clients. She makes her living as a consultant, supporting well thought out IT decision making, strategic planning leading to solid tactics for positive day:day outcomes in the third sector..
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:30 pm