Cloud Essentials 101
This session will provide a helicopter overview of the Cloud and introduction to some of the standard jargon used as well as the headline pros and cons. If you answer YES
This session will provide a helicopter overview of the Cloud and introduction to some of the standard jargon used as well as the headline pros and cons.
If you answer YES to one or more of the following, then this is a great session for you
- I hear people talk about the Cloud and don’t know what they mean
- I know that Google Docs is in the Cloud, but couldn’t explain what that means
- I’d like to understand the jargon used better
- Our organisation is looking to save money on IT costs but there’s a reluctance to embrace the Cloud for a variety of reasons
- I’ve been told that anything in the Cloud is a free for all or not safe
During this session, we will explore:
- What is the Cloud? And how everyone on the call is already using the Cloud
- Jargon busting
- Traditional vs the Cloud Or how is it different than a PC ? What does it do differently?
- It can’t be safe, can it? Or a focus on security for data in the Cloud & mitigating risks
- The same but different Or what would we do differently
- What can the Cloud do for me Or the advantages of embracing some Cloud technology
- Sensible precautions Or Disadvantages and potential pitfalls to be aware of
- Introduction to Session 2 – Harnessing the Cloud in the third sector
This session is relevant for all charity professionals, especially those who are not also technology experts
About the trainer
Sam wants everyone to be happy with their IT and to be confident in making technology decisions for their organisation. She is an IT professional with over 30 years experience who has grown with the industry, having started as a developer (“programmer”) and worked her way up through IT business analyst, project manager and on to Programme Manager for major IT transformations. A seasoned Trustee, Sam has provided paid services to both the third sector in addition to her for profit clients. She makes her living as a consultant, supporting well thought out IT decision making, strategic planning leading to solid tactics for positive day:day outcomes in the third sector..
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:30 pm