Choosing between cloud services
In this session, we’ll explore the different Cloud platforms that are available and what you should consider when choosing a Cloud platform on behalf of your organisation. Is this session for
In this session, we’ll explore the different Cloud platforms that are available and what you should consider when choosing a Cloud platform on behalf of your organisation.
Is this session for me?
- If you answer YES to one or more of the following, then this is a great session for you
- We are ready to select services in the Cloud
- I find Cloud licensing confusing or you are wondering what you can use for free
- I need to know why google docs is not actually the same as microsoft, I thought they were
- We need more storage and need to be sure it is both safe and enough for our needs
- I want to know whats good in-house compared to Cloud based facilities, and how to tell the different
During this session, we will explore:
- Good candidates for what to put in the Cloud
- When to keep things local, even if your IT provider suggests the Cloud
- Focus on office based apps: Microsoft 365 and Google workspace
- Focus on storage, aren’t they all the same? (Hint: not at all)
- Licensing implications for software as a service, using SAGE as an example
- Trends – whats next?
This session is relevant for all charity professionals, especially those who are not also technology experts
About the trainer
Sam wants everyone to be happy with their IT and to be confident in making technology decisions for their organisation. She is an IT professional with over 30 years experience who has grown with the industry, having started as a developer (“programmer”) and worked her way up through IT business analyst, project manager and on to Programme Manager for major IT transformations. A seasoned Trustee, Sam has provided paid services to both the third sector in addition to her for profit clients. She makes her living as a consultant, supporting well thought out IT decision making, strategic planning leading to solid tactics for positive day:day outcomes in the third sector..
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:30 pm